Art of The Possible: Viability of The Blockchain…
Ronan joined the actuarial team of Sia Partners in 2017 after 20 years in the financial service industry.
He spent 15 years within Allianz Group where he occupied C-level positions of various (re)insurance subsidiaries in Finance and Risk areas, after a career start as head of modeling and risk management of the French State SME credit loan guarantee scheme managed by bpifrance.
Ronan has developed a deep expertise in the use and limits of models and data sets as one of the decision tools by senior managers to steer and improve business performance, helping them anticipate potential consequences of stressed environments and building recovery plans.
Ronan is also a recognized professional in financial and operational performance steering, building strong enterprise risk management frameworks and cultures, improving the operational efficiency of Finance, Risk and Actuarial teams and managing large international transformation projects.
- Improving insurers’ financial and operational performance by reviewing and challenging their pricing or reserving processes, reinsurance schemes, cost structures or asset allocations, providing them with actionable recommendations.
- Helping modeling and independent validation teams to both address the challenges attached to sound model (risk) management practice and improve their ability to help senior management improve their decision-making using the models developed.
- Improving the operational efficiency of Finance, Planning, Risk and Actuarial teams through changes in their processes, organizations and IT systems, in order to be recognized as an internal reliable business partner, to be more supportive in value creation and grasp potential innovation in their area of competency and beyond.
- Leading regulatory projects such as implementation of the Solvency 2 or SST regulatory regulations or the French too big to fail law, focusing not only on the letter of these regulatory changes but also on the spirit through change management, increase operational efficiency and value creation
- Acting as subject matter expert on GI and accounting topics in several IFRS17 projects.