Sia Partners is a next-generation management consulting firm and pioneer of Consulting 4.0. We offer a unique blend of AI and design capabilities, augmenting traditional consulting to deliver superior value to our clients. Counting 2,400 consultants in 18 countries, we expect to achieve USD 420 million in turnover for the current fiscal year. With a global footprint and expertise in more than 30 sectors and services, we optimize client projects worldwide. Through our Consulting for Good approach, we strive for next-level impact by developing innovative CSR solutions for our clients, making sustainability a lever for profitable transformation.
The global Data Science capability at Sia Partners consists of 87 Data Scientists located across Canada, The Netherlands and France. The new team in London will predominantly support projects across a diverse cross-section of business sectors including Banking, Energy, Healthcare, Defence, Technology, and others. You might find yourself working in one or more of the following disciplines to help our clients achieve their aims:
- Machine/Deep learning and statistics: development of explanatory and predictive models for decision support through the development of algorithms, econometrics, forecasting, quantitative diagnosis, etc.
- Operational research: assistance in the design and implementation of constrained optimisation solutions and simulation models.
- Big Data: Algorithmic knowledge for the processing of large volumes of structured and unstructured data
(For more information about our Data Science practice, visit our bots showroom : https://datascience.sia-partners.com/.
You can also see a video presentation of our AI services & solutions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnEoa9zHQY.)
As a Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Managing a team of 4-6 Data Science Consultants.
- Liaising with central leadership of the Sia Partners Data Science capability in France.
- Leading the delivery of Data Science projects, potentially working across several clients in the UK and, if required, support overseas engagements.
- Supporting business development activities, working with practice teams and other Sia Partners Data Science centres to develop proposals for potential opportunities.
- Recognising opportunities for Sia Partners to expand their Data Science offering to existing clients.
- Building and maintaining your own external professional peer networks.
- Contributing to thought leadership, working on blogs and the development of Sia Partners ‘assets’ including methodology and tools.
- Supporting marketing campaigns and overall external positioning of Sia Partners across social networks.
- Lead recruitment initiatives for your team and advise on positioning in the market.
- Facilitating own learning and specialist subject matter knowledge whilst supporting your team to further develop their technical knowledge and consulting skills within the practice.
- Working closely with other teams within Sia Partners globally to share information.
- Coaching and mentoring junior colleagues’ performance and development.
You can expect…
- A supportive atmosphere, where innovation and initiative are encouraged.
- A commitment to diversity, inclusion and employee well-being.
- Opportunities to flex your intellectual and creative muscles.
- Exposure to international Data Science projects.
- Welcoming, friendly and professional colleagues.
- A personal development plan with clear goals for advancement.
- A meritocratic approach to promotion that rewards those who exceed expectations.
- A competitive salary, in line with the market and your peers.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A performance-related bonus.
- Health, life, dental and travel insurance.
- An employer-matched contribution pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- A passion for applying Data Science solutions to complex business problems.
- Willingness to take on responsibility on high-value projects with dynamic structures.
- Experience leading and developing ambitious, high-performing teams- preferably in a Consulting environment.
- Excellence in statistics and quantitative analysis (theoretical and practical knowledge, intuition, ability to understand models and apply them).
- Expert programming skills in one or more analytical languages such as R, Python or alternative.
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructures such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft and confidence in Linux (bash, git docker) environments.
- The ability to adapt rapidly, and work on a range of different business areas within a challenging environment and keeping to tight deadlines.
- Organisational skills applied to both yourself and your team to maximise efficiency and efficacy.
- Communication skills that allow you to convey complex technical information in simple terms for various stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Additional languages are nice to have.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (2:1) or international equivalent in a relevant subject: Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business preferred.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.