(Senior) Consultant Grid Analytics
Amstelplein, Amsterdam, Pays-Bas
Sia Partners is a next generation management consulting firm and pioneer of Consulting 4.0. We offer a unique blend of AI and design capabilities, augmenting traditional consulting to deliver exceptional value to our clients. With 2,800 consultants in 18 countries and expertise in more than 30 sectors and services, we optimize client projects worldwide. Through our Consulting for Good approach, we strive for next-level impact by developing innovative CSR solutions for our clients, making sustainability a lever for profitable transformation.
In 2009 the office in Amsterdam was opened, which is now situated in the Rembrandttoren with a great view from the 28th floor of Amsterdam. We focus on the following sectors: Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Marketing & Customer Experience, Data Science and HR, Transformation & Change. The Dutch team is experiencing strong growth and has now built up an impressive client portfolio, supported by and cooperating with colleagues from our international offices. Sia Partners Netherlands employs approximately 55 consultants.
We are looking for a grid analytics expert within our Energy & Utilities practice with extensive knowledge or experience within the DSO or TSO domain. As a consultant, you’ll directly start at one of our clients and play a role in the transition of the Energy sector towards the “New Energy Reality”. This new reality is characterised by new ways of energy generation, transportation, distribution, and changing customer behaviour. Grid operators have to anticipate and tackle the challenges that this transition brings.
As a consultant, you are ready for the next step in your career in the area of grid analytics and operations, business analysis and project management. You want to contribute to the realisation of the energy transition, and you are familiar with the activities that grid operators undertake to anticipate the energy transition challenges. Being an electricity network expert, you are able to discuss these challenges with both business and IT.
At the client, you’ll work on projects related to developing the ability and toolkit to deal with issues like grid congestion, power quality and safety. You are contributing to the grid investment decisions that address the risks and bottlenecks of the grid. The provided solution often requires a combination of business analysis, project management, electrical engineering, and data analysis and engineering. Preferably, you have already worked as a consultant (for a grid operator) and are familiar with Asset Management.
You will work together with colleagues of the Energy team and Data Science team across different offices, and leverage on your knowledge of grid analytics and operations. You will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge on different domains within the energy sector. Aside from your client mission, you will help to develop our team, by contributing to our strategy, business development, recruitment, knowledge sharing and training. This ensures a highly dynamic job with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop personally.
- Educational background in electrical engineering or power systems engineering
- You have at least 2 years relevant working experience (or PhD)
- You are strong in quantitative analysis and modelling
- Experience with coding (preferably Python) and network analysis
- Good understanding of DSO and TSO business/operations
- You're a fast learner, communicative, flexible and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English and Dutch verbal and written skills are required.
- Passionate about Energy!
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary with great extra advantages: a company car or flexible mobility plan, a clear and structured yearly salary increase and bonuses.
- Flexible transport options that match your personal needs.
- Training plan to develop yourself as an expert in your discipline.
- You have the opportunity to work from home, the client or from our inspiring office in Amsterdam.
- Working in an international environment which creates opportunities to share knowledge and work together on international projects with colleagues all over the world.
We are unable to provide a work permit for this position
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.