(Senior) Consultant Energy - Pricing & Sourcing
Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, Pays-Bas
Sia Partners is a next generation management consulting firm and pioneer of Consulting 4.0. We offer a unique blend of AI and design capabilities, augmenting traditional consulting to deliver exceptional value to our clients. With 2200 consultants in 18 countries and expertise in more than 30 sectors and services, we optimize client projects worldwide. Through our Consulting for Good approach, we strive for next-level impact by developing innovative CSR solutions for our clients, making sustainability a lever for profitable transformation.
In 2009 the office in Amsterdam was opened, which is now situated in the Rembrandttoren with a great view from the 28th floor of Amsterdam. We focus on the following sectors: Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Marketing & Customer Experience, Data Science and HR, Transformation & Change. The Dutch team is experiencing strong growth and has now built up an impressive client portfolio, supported by and cooperating with colleagues from our international offices. Sia Partners Netherlands employs approximately 55 consultants.
We are looking for a new colleague with experience in the commercial domain of the energy sector, i.e. at energy suppliers and/or trading organizations. As a consultant, you’ll directly start at one of our clients and play a role in the transition of the Energy sector towards the “New Energy Reality”. This new reality is characterised by new ways of energy generation, transportation, distribution, and changing customer behaviour. Energy suppliers and traders have to anticipate and tackle the challenges that this transition brings.
As a consultant you are ready for the next step in your career in the area of energy sourcing, pricing and portfoliomanagement, while using your business analysis and project management skills. You want to contribute to the commercial challenges that our clients face in this highly competitive market, and you are familiar with the activities that suppliers and traders undertake to anticipate the energy transition challenges. Being an expert on trading and portfoliomanagement, you are able to discuss these challenges with both business and IT.
At the client, you’ll work on projects related to (for example) improvement of the financial results of sales and sourcing departments, defining reorganisational improvements and vendor selection of relevant IT systems. You are contributing to the investment decisions that allow the business to deploy new activities or improve the efficiency of their business processes. The provided solution often requires a combination of business analysis, project management and stakeholder management. Preferably, you have already worked as a consultant (for an energy supplier/trading organisation) and are familiar with the challenges in this area.
You will work together with colleagues of the Energy team and (if applicable) the Data Science team, and leverage on your knowledge of the commercial Energy domain. You will have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge on other domains within the energy sector, like grid owners and regulators. Aside from your client mission, you will help to develop our team, by contributing to our strategy, business development, recruitment, knowledge sharing and training. This ensures a highly dynamic job with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop personally.
- You have completed your Master’s Degree, in which you developed your analytical skills well
- Passion for energy! You have at least 4 years of experience as a consultant.
- You have relevant experiences in the commercial domain of the energy sector, for example at energy suppliers and/or a trading organization
- Energy sourcing, pricing, trading and portfoliomanagement are familiar to you
- You have a good view on the challenges that client stakeholders face in this area, and are able to bring stakeholders throughout the organization together to add value to the client business process
- Good view of the developments in the energy market and the impact on actors in the value chain.
- English and Dutch communication and presentation skills, French is considered a plus.
- You are able to process information, identify problems and trends, and solve complex problems.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You're a fast learner, communicative, flexible and entrepreneurial
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary with great extra advantages: a company car or flexible mobility plan, a clear and structured yearly salary increase and bonuses.
- Flexible transport options that match your personal needs.
- Training plan to develop yourself as an expert in your discipline.
- You have the opportunity to work from home, the client or from our inspiring office in Amsterdam.
- Working in an international environment which creates opportunities to share knowledge and work together on international projects with colleagues all over the world.
We are unable to provide a work permit for this position
Non-Dutch speaker will no be accepted
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.