Scrum Master - Financial Services
1230 West Morehead Street, 28208 Charlotte, États-Unis
Sia Partners is a unique management consulting firm composed of 850+ passionate consultants who drive business changes among our customers. Through unparalleled industry expertise, we deliver superior value and tangible results to our clients in over 21 sectors and service teams.
Financial institutions has drastically changed over the last decade and further evolutions are yet to come. Regulatory constraints have driven most of these transformations, but the disruptive revolution is much more complex and cannot be limited to the latter. Business models must be adapted within each business line and operating models must take into account industrial partnership, outsourcing or strategic alliances. Sia Partners assists its clients in coping with these transformations in order to improve their competitive advantages, flexibility productivity and profitability: strategic deployment, financial performance, business process optimization, digitalization, risk and regulatory adherence.
Sia Partners is hiring in Charlotte. Thanks to Sia Partners’ international footprint, the Financial Services practice is strategically located in all major financial and energy hubs (New York, Charlotte, UK, Europe, and Asia Pacific) and our integrated model allows teams from different countries to easily partner, when appropriate.
You will act as a leader for our Agile teams, serving our scrum teams, our Product Owners and our organization. If assigned a newly formed scrum team you will ensure it starts and maintains its team journey with full understanding of scrum practices and philosophy. If assigned a seasoned scrum team you will evaluate its maturity and coach to greater success.
You will have a relentless focus on continually improving the performance of the Agile team and the environment they are operating in, while ensuring appropriate governance standards are adhered to. You will spend much of your time helping other team members communicate, coordinate and cooperate. Where organizational barriers are found, you will constructively challenge these and work with the wider Agile community to ensure we are solving system-wide problems and not just local ones.
As well as having responsibility for fostering change within agile teams you are leading, you will also be accountable for delivering our wider agile maturity improvements across all your teams. This includes supporting other teams and scrum masters / change agents in improving everyone’s agile maturity.
The Scrum Master serves the Scrum Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the team members in self-management and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value output that meet the Definition of Done;
- Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress; and,
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox.
- The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- Helping find techniques for effective Product Goal definition and Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Helping establish empirical product planning for a complex environment; and,
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work; and,
- Removing barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with software development teams as a Scrum Master for a software development team using Agile/Scrum/Kanban principles and practice
- Experience using Atlassian application suite (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience working effectively with the highest levels within an organization
- Coached multiple teams demonstrating self-management and continuous improvement
- Visually demonstrate multiple team scrum v scrum with multiple teams
- Evidence of successful change implementation during a transformation
- Ability to remove organizational impediments and influence structure to team effectiveness
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams working across several time zones
- Professional Scrum Master Certification or ACSM with LeSS certification
Desired qualifications but not required:
- MBA or MA in Relevant field(s)
- Prior consulting experience
- Continuous Improvement, Lean/Six Sigma belted certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.